Criminal Justice and Criminology
Welcome to the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
Welcome to the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology at East Carolina University where we educate YOU to join the next generation of criminal justice leaders! The Department offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Criminal Justice, a Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Education, and minors in Criminal Justice, Criminal Law and Legal Process, and Forensic Science. Our academic programs prepare you for careers in criminal justice professions, advanced study or, if you are a working professional, advancement in your career. Courses are taught by award-winning faculty with teaching and research expertise in law enforcement, forensic science, homeland security, criminology, juvenile delinquency, law, corrections, organized crime, transnational crime, terrorism, and more.
We provide extraordinary learning and leadership opportunities that enable you to participate in the national criminal justice honor society, student organizations, field experience, international study abroad, annual job/career fair, and faculty-student research programs. You can interface with peers, dynamic faculty, and the university community while studying in a vibrant criminal justice department where we are committed to your success.
Explore the Criminal Justice Major:
Welcome to the Fall 2023 Semester!
- November 21: Survey of Student Opinion of Instruction (SSOI) becomes available.
- November 21: Last day for undergraduate students to submit work for removal of incompletes given during Spring or Summer Sessions 2023
- November 22 – 26: Thanksgiving Break — Classes resume at 8:00 am Monday, November 27.
- December 4:Classes end; last day for Survey of Student Opinion of Instruction (SSOI); last day for submission of grade replacement requests; Last day for graduate students to submit work for removal of incompletes given during Fall Semester 2022.
- December 5: Reading Day
- December 6: Final Examinations begin.
- December 13: Exams for Fall Semester end.
- December 15: Commencement
- December 15: Grades due at 4:30 pm